Wednesday 13 July 2016

New Releases!

I spent the first half of this year working on short fiction, for a variety of projects. And now they're starting to appear! First up is Flash Fear, a book which I first announced last August, and which has had something of a torrid time in production. Still, it's here now, it looks lovely, and it's just £2.75 this week on Amazon!


Flash Fear contains short horror pieces from a host of authors, including yours truly. My piece Prey For The Dead, is particularly short, and hopefully funny. If I'm honest, I struggle to take anything truly seriously enough to write straight horror.

Next up is A Target For Tommy, a collection of Doctor Who fiction published by Obverse Books in support of Tommy Donbavand's battle against cancer. You can find the full story behind the book on the Obverse page. Tommy is a great writer, and a really nice guy, so I was really glad to be able to lend my support in the form of a 5,000 word adventure set during the Time War, and featuring Paul McGann's 8th Doctor. There are also stories from giants of the Who world including Paul Cornell, Paul Magrs, Steve Cole, and stories from Andrew Hunt, Simon Forward, Simon Bucher-Jones, Daniel Blythe... basically a whole bunch of people whose Doctor Who novels I grew up reading! The book is now available for pre-order in both paperback and digital formats, and it's blinding. I've been involved in Doctor Who charity anthologies before, but this collection really takes things to the next level in terms of the quality of both the writing and the book's production standards.

A Target For Tommy will be published in Summer 2016 on a very limited print run - over half of the copies have already been sold as pre-orders, so don't hang about!

Seriously, how cool is this?

There are a few other releases on the horizon, but just far enough away that I think I'll hold back the details for now. But there's a lot of my fiction coming your way over the rest of 2016. Most of it 5,000 words at a time!

No comments:

Post a Comment